Pahina Photos

For your photography needs hire me ^_^
Pahina Photos for as low as php2000 in photography services

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


Well now, its a good thing i watched this movie on my own. You could hardly find a seat. Almost all the seats, its like I got to Trinoma 5pm but the scheduled showing of 6pm, 7pm and 9pm are already taken. Good thing the one scheduled in 9pm still have a seat available just for one. Yahoo for me.

Anyway, a friend's shout out in facebook says... "Forget the HP movie just read the book." After watching the movie, i knew how he felt. The movie is quite boring. The book is more exciting. I would suggest just buy or borrow yourself a book and it will be more interesting. But then again, 80% of the movie goers in harry potter haven't really read the book. Take for example the group of friends behind me. Their comments were. "Oh.. panget.. namatay si dumbledoor.", "Nakakapikon, bitin naman.","Napakaconfusing","Ang pangit misleading si snape." *sigh* Well obviously people who say this comments obviously haven't even touched the book.

So to the movie, I thought they almost forgot Narcissa going to Snape asking him for help in saving Draco. I didn't like Narcissa, she looked old and weak and pathetic. In the book she was discribed as a strong willed smug pretty gorgeous wife of a Malfoy, I was hoping to see Meryle Streep as Narcissa Malfoy. That was my favorite scene in all harry potter books, I was actually anticipating that scene eversince I read the book like 3yrs ago? And as pretty and crazy as ever Helen (wife of Tim Burton, whom I just recently knew) played BellaTrix, So like her. A friend doesn't like her for a reason she finds her weird. Well she just have to live with it coz she is an excellent actor. And I wonder, isn't it in this movie where Ron became the Prefect of the house or was it the last movie? There are some scenes that are left out, just like any books turned to movies. I am not really impressed in the movie, I just watched it for the sake of having collected the books from 1-7 and having watched all HP movies in the big screen. Although if your a parent it would be nice to bring your children to watch it, they might like the movie so much enough for them to read the books. And what great way to intruduce your kids in reading books. Kids or even teens or even adults now a days doesn't like reading books as much as the generation before them. That's why the human's brain standards have been falling rock bottom.

Second, Draco looked pathetic in the movie, in the book he looked sad. A lot might not get this but the reason why Dumbledoor asked Snape to just kill him is because Dumbledoor doesn't want Draco to go through the ordeal that Voldemort gave him. He was trying to save him. I'm telling you this coz in the next movie (you people who don't want to read the book and just watch the movie) might have comments like "ay bakit naging headmaster si snape diba siya pumatay kay dumbledoor?" *rolls eyes* and stop whining its not a spoiler coz if you have read the book you should know that already and that a lot died in deathly hollows and that lupin died and that one of the weasly died too as well.

I rate this movie 7. But even though i rate it 7, i think i'm still watching the last installment just for the heck of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment