Pahina Photos

For your photography needs hire me ^_^
Pahina Photos for as low as php2000 in photography services

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Drag me to Hell?


I wasn't planning to watch this movie with reasons that I find it corny and I'm not really a fan of Hollywood horror (coz hollywood horror are either gruesome or noisy full of screaming nonsense). But according to Box Office (the magazine that monitors profits in the movie industry), Drag me to hell as a earned $1,505,555 daily since its opening and so far $17,331,035 in total since its showing date gaining #4 in the BoxOffice Ranking since June 1st of 2009. So I went ahead and watch the movie out of curiousity.

Okey, here's the story line of the movie. Christine, is trying to win a promotion to be the new assistant manager that she is working. She's a loan officer in the bank. One day, a gypsie old woman requested for an extension for her loan. Apparantly she wasn't able to pay anything since she was sick and right now her house is in repod already by the bank. Since Christine wants this assistant manager promotion so bad, she decided to turn down the old woman's request even though she can still approve an extension to the mortage. So this creepy old woman cursed Christine to go to hell, in this story... literaly. LOL

I thought it would be a non-sense horror movie about screaming and body parts being sliced out from the body. But I guess I was wrong, its more like swallowing a fly why you were sleeping. Able to drink bodyly fluids with a corpse that fell on you or had a nose bleed that you ended up spraying your boss with blood. Just like any cursed horror movie, christine went out and seeked for a pyschic to help her with her troubles. Her boyfriend is so supportive as well. Although at first he was a bit pessimistic about the idea of Christine seeking for a psychic. One thing is this psychic was asking for $10,000. o.0 wow! that's a lot of money. I mean if your the real thing you don't price yourself let alone accept any payment for your services. So, anyway, boyfriend remembers his promise to Christine the day he fell inlove with her. I find it the most romantic time in the movie. I mean, your boyfriend was all the 100% supportive with you for going to see a paranormalist. C'mon guys admit it... 99.9% would think thier girlfriend is already coo-coo in the head and would either dumb them or advice them to seek help with the likes of Dr. Phil. lol.

Cinematographyis ok. There was the time, in the scene of the round table calling forth the spirit, on the birds-eye-view shot they forgot the goat beside Christine. lol. I guess the editor didn't notice that. :P However, in the ending I somehow able to guess how the movie ends. The scene where she accidentaly lost the envelope in her boyfriend's car. Yeah in that one, my guess was right, She got the wrong envelope. The real one that contanied the cursed object was left in his boyfriend's car. But the movie is OK, not an oscar kind of movie but its ok. Now I rate this movie OK, because It has a lesson learned. "Loan Officers? Don't be selfish. You never know the person your kicking out their house will DRAG YOU TO HELL in 3days." ROFL.

Seriously, the moral stoy of the movie is do not be selfish when it comes to personal gain. Trust me, nothing good happens if you do. Everything has a price.

No comments:

Post a Comment