Pahina Photos

For your photography needs hire me ^_^
Pahina Photos for as low as php2000 in photography services

Monday, June 15, 2009

The Taking of Pelham 123


Directed by Tony Scott. Since the movie has been released in the big screen it has earned $25,000,000 in total and is #3 of the top ten movies of the week by BoxOffice.

In my 2009 must see movies I have talked about this movie already that this is a remake of the 1974 film with the same title. So since this movie is part of my must see movies list of 2009, I called up my bestfriend to watch it with me. She personally have been to NY and has rode the Pelham 123. She told me its really exactly the same.

So, the movie started like its just an ordinary day in the subway. And Gruber played by Washington started his ordinary day as well. I think my bestfriend was right this is the first movie where denzel played a role as an underdog.

Now Ryder (travolta), and his men took the train in just one minute and no one even noticed it. When they went to the tunnel that's when they separated the passenger trunks to the main trunks. (sorry i don't know what they call that, so i call them trunks). The hostage terms were pretty simple. $10million in an hour and every minute that is pass one hour hostages starts to die. It is pretty interesting that the mayor of new york city is riding the subway train in this movie. Makes me wonder if the real NY mayor rides the train for real. So anyway back to the movie. As the movie unfolds we learned that Ryder is a former Wall Street Banker.. or so it seems to me. He keeps on monitoring the stock market and bringing down the dollar value against gold. Apparently years back before he was put to jail, he had like court hearing regarding his business that he appealed for and was only granted $2 million from the government and was given only $1million. Well that's what I understood since I failed my corporate accounting in college. The plan was so clean and sure, if Graber wasn't playing hero. Ryder could have gotten away from it. But in the end I think Ryder wanted a death sentence anyway. Now I wonder where his $300million stock will go now that his dead.

Over all the movie is great, but it kinda made the NY government look bad. And also there's the issue of Graber taking a $3500 bribe that cost his demotion coz he needed it to pay for his children's college. Which he finally admitted when Ryder was about to shoot a teenager.

Travolta hasn't lost his touch in acting. He is still good at it. So is Washington. The movie is worth of p160 I paid for for seeing the movie in the big screen. It doesn't have much action but its good.

No comments:

Post a Comment